Carol Jean Tillman, DVM.
Holistic Veterinarian of Nevada
2657 Windmill Pkwy Suite 369
Henderson, Nevada 89074
I must do a physical exam prior to any consultation work.
Also, refer to Organic Pet Digest for my approach to holistic veterinary care.
Dr. Tillman graduated from the University of Florida's School of Veterinary Medicine in 1980 and is licensed to practice in Florida, Nevada and California.
She splits her time between the conventionally-focused Geary Veterinary Hospital in the San Francisco Bay Area and the holistically-focused Animal Kingdom Veterinary Hospital in Las Vegas, NV.
This dual-hospital experience has given her the unique opportunity to practice conventional and alternative medicine simultaneously. After many years of experiencing the dramatic success of alternative medicine over conventional medicine, Dr. Tillman decided to pursue a formal education in homeopathy in 1996. She has since studied acupuncture, herbal medicine and several other areas of holistic veterinary care.
Currently, she has started a Holistic Housecall Practice in the Las Vegas area, as the "Holistic Veterinarian of Nevada".
Her affiliations include:
* AVMA - American Veterinary Medical Association
* AVH - Academy of Veterinary Homeopathy
* AHVMA - American Holistic Veterinary Medical Association
* AAVA - American Academy of Veterinary Acupuncture
* The Chi Institute via the American Journal of Traditional Chinese Veterinary Medicine
Dr. Tillman's impressive background includes:
* 1980: Graduated from the University of Florida's School of Veterinary Medicine
* 1980 - 1982: Small animal and equine medicine - Sparks, NV
* 1982 - 1986: Small animal and equine medicine - Tahoe City, CA
* 1986 - 1988: Small animal relief work - San Francisco Bay Area, CA
* 1988 - present: Primarily conventional medicine at the Geary Veterinary Hospital - San Francisco Bay Area, CA
* 1982 - present: Primarily alternative medicine at the Animal Kingom Veterinary Hospital - Las Vegas, NV. First introduced to alternative medicine here in 1982.
* 1996 - 1997: Completed the renowned Dr. Richard Pitcairn's homeopathy course
* 1996: Completed preliminary acupuncture course
* 2006: Visited China to study holistic medicine with the Chi Institute, the leading veterinary continuing education provider of Traditional Chinese Veterinary Medicine (TCVM)
* 2007 - 2008: Completed the Advanced Course in Acupuncture at the Chi Institute